Sunday, March 9, 2008

Telus - $ 438.05 in unauthorized charges withdrawn from savings account

Sphere: Related Content

Telus Mobility, way to go again. Turn up the power on those fluffy bunnies so we keep buying your phones...

RE: Telus - $ 438.05 in unauthorized charges withdrawn from savings account



In April of 2003 I noticed an unauthorized withdrawel of $100.00 from my savings account. My bank informed me that I had set up a pre-authorized payment schedule with Telus. Since I had in fact not set this up with Telus I asked them to refund my money and research this.



Turns out Telus had keyed another customers bank account number incorrectly. The money was withdrawen from my bank account and directed to credit another Telus customers phone account. Over the next five months I tried unsuccessfully to correct this error with various Telus departments including customer care, credit services and Telus' online help self service feature.



Telus played the blame game. My bank had erred, Telus Mobility had erred etc. I was on hold for just over a grand total of seven hours during the five month period and heard the comment "I don't know how this could have happened" a total of eight times. My bank attempted to correct this twice during this time by contacting Telus directly with no result. After a total of $438.05 had been withdrawen from my bank account I chose to take more drastic measures.



I cancelled all premium Telus phone services, my Telus high-speed internet service, my Telus dial-up internet service and my two Telus cell phones. Fourty-eight hours later Telus found and corrected the problem. Too late now as you will notice I now have an AOL e-mail address and Telus has lost about $1600.00 a year in telecommunications business with me.

http://www.complaints.com/september2003/complaintoftheday.september15.1.htm

No comments:

Welcome to Telus Mobility Review

This blog is dedicated to sharing your real experiences with Telus Canada, Telus Mobility, MyTelusMobility, and anything about Telus.

Do you have a Telus customer service or Telus customer support story (or nightmare) to tell? Now you have a special place to project your voice to thousands of Canadians who might be considering a Telus cell phone. Please enjoy this blog and post your story, rant, or anything you find on the web that you think is relevant.

If you like this blog and think more people should be reading it, here's what to do:

1. Tell your friends
2. Link to us from your blog (we will link to yours too)
3. Don't have a blog? Make a blog and link to us

Note: Posts on this site are the opinions of people who originally wrote them and do not represent the opinion of telusmobility-review.blogspot.com.

Your Comments

Please keep your comments clean and well written. I plan to keep comments posted (both good and bad) as they relate to Telus. I will not tolerate any hate messages or excessive use of profanity.